PACIFICA SWARTZ BAY AT CANOE COVE MARINA
Nestled in the heart of Canoe Cove Marina, our Swartz Bay location features a world class paddling environment set against the most beautiful coastal and Gulf Islands views.
AT THIS LOCATION:
- Kayak Rentals
- Gear Rentals
- SUP (Paddle Board ) Rentals
- Corporate / Group Events
- Kayak & Gear Storage (Lockers)
Opening May long weekend, every weekend until July.
Open full-time, 9-5 daily through July & August
Rental Includes: Boat or SUP, Fitted PFD, Paddle & All Required Safety Gear
Reservations are recommended, especially in our high season (May to October). As a general rule - if the weather is nice please call ahead to reserve your rental, especially for larger groups.
For rentals lasting longer than 8 hours, select our Swartz Bay location - the Gateway to the Gulf Islands. Multi-day rentals are available to book online. Please read instructions below before booking.
1. Pacifica Paddle Sports **strongly recommends previous paddle experience**, rescue lessons, or kayakers wishing to paddle alone (1 person solo on the water) recommended to have a Paddle Canada Level 1 Skill Certification.
We also recommend strong knowledge of currents, tides, and sea state for your personal safety.
2. Multi-day rentals are now available to book online. See below for rates. Please specify your pick-up and drop-off time in the required fields.
3. If you need to arrange pick-up for the night before your booking, please contact us.
4. We are open full-time in the summer. If booking the off season, please ensure you book 5 days prior so we can arrange to have someone to send you off.
5. If you plan to take equipment off-site you must have appropriate transportation gear:
- Your car needs to be equipped with a roof rack with cross bars
- You must have your own cam straps, and padding. * We do not provide transportation gear*
- You must know how to safely tie-down the kayak/canoe to your roof.
Multi-Day Rental Rates
We're only 10 minutes from Sidney, BC and a short walk from the Swartz Bay ferry terminal on Southern Vancouver Island. The perfect location for a multi-day paddling trip from the Victoria area or a day trip from Vancouver.
There is lot parking available at this location. Drive down to Pacifica Paddle on E dock, collect a parking pass then drive to the visitor lot to park, Need directions?
Our Canoe Cove location is perfect for a day trip from Vancouver as it is right beside the ferry terminal! Exploring the Gulf Islands is so special because there is so much to see. Weather you are looking to see local marine life or some scenery, it is an amazing location for this!
Our Canoe Cove location is great for multi-day trips. The Gulf Islands are awesome for camping. One fabulous spot for camping is on Portland Island. You can hike around the whole island and there are multiple camping spots you and your family can enjoy for a weekend!
We have 16-18 feet touring kayaks. They are great for a 2 hour paddle or a multi day paddle. They have a few hatches where you can store all your items you need for your adventures on the water! We size you when you arrive to make sure the kayak is best fitted for you!
We have very stable double kayaks that our guests love. they are great for long leisure paddles and fun to take your children out on! They also have hatches for storage which are great!
An INCREDIBLE day trip option from Vancouver or Victoria!
From Vancouver and the Lower Mainland:
Leave your vehicle at Tsawwassen, and walk on to the ferry going to Swartz Bay. Once on Vancouver Island, we're a short walk from the terminal, down at Canoe Cove Marina.
Take the bus to the Swartz Bay bus stop, and walk across the overpass to Canoe Cove Marina.
If you're driving, make your way to the end of Dunne Road and head inside we can give you a parking pass for the visitor parking lot at the marina.
Nestled in the heart of Canoe Cove Marina, our Swartz Bay location features a world class paddling environment set against the most beautiful coastal and Gulf Islands views. Around the corner from the ferries, we have the perfect access to the surrounding islands, without worrying about the marine traffic from Swartz Bay or Sidney!